Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Love is...a lazy Sunday

What is it about Sunday's? To me, Sunday just screams family day, comfort, relaxation, baking, yummy dinner, brunch, church, movies and being around the people you love. Unfortunately, because I work in the food industry, Sunday's off are hard to come by. At least all day Sunday is. Reason being...EVERYONE wants Sunday's off, including myself. However, I do my best to enjoy the few hours I do have off whether it be morning, afternoon or night.

Last Sunday, I had the night off. I took the opportunity to go home to my parents house because I missed them like crazy and I definitely needed some puppy love from my furry friends! And not to mention a home cooked mama meal. To top it off, it was so rainy that day! Perfection. Rainy day at home = ultimate comfy zone. Fire place was blazin, hot chocolate was drunk, puppies were snoozin, rain was fallin, pie was bakin, movies were watched, cuddle time was a must, dinner was delish and life was just all around good.


Sean and I decided to watch "reign over me" with Adam Sandler and it was a great movie but boy was it sad!!! It really makes you appreciate the people you have in your life. One thing I really learned from it was never leave without saying I love you. If you have seen the movie, you know what I am talking about. 3 simple words mean so much.

While watching the movie, my mama was slaving away in the kitchen making delicious corned beef and cabbage because Sean and I never had any on st. Patties day. It was amazing and the perfect comfort food.

After dinner, we enjoyed a lemon cream pie that Sean and I had made. Best part was, it was a low calories dessert!! Thank you, weight watchers.

Lemony Cream Pie. Find this delicious and low calorie recipe here

Why can't everyday be like this?

xo, lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment