Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

love is...COFFEE.

ok, i hate that moment when my alarm screams at me to wake up. it's like someone sat there and thought of one of the worst moments of all time, added a sound to it, and made it an alarm clock. even if you have a nice jingle that wakes you up...or your favorite song. if it's being used to wake you up from a wonderful slumber...it's possibly the worst sound EVER. and did i mention that i am a morning person? really, i am.

however...once i get passed the screeching alarm clock, my mind starts to work and BAM i am in a good mood because being awake means i get to drink a cup [or 2] of coffee. i don't know how to describe my love affair with coffee. it basically gets me out of bed in the morning because i am so excited to drink it. 

i love the enticing smell 
i love the nutty and roasted taste
i love the process of making a pot of coffee
i love the warmth
i love the mugs i drink it out of. i collect mugs, did i tell you that?
i love having my hands wrapped around a warm cup when it's cold
i love how you can smell coffee all throughout the house
i love the creamy creamer i put in my coffee. hazelnut from coffeemate is my favie
i love how coffee can bring people together any time of day
i love COFFEE. all kinds.
a good ol' cup o coffee, lattes, cappucinos, americanos, iced coffee, espresso, i could go on for days...

i truly do have to say that one of the best parts of my day is waking up, moseying into the kitchen in my pj's, robe and slippers, opening up the coffee can [right now i am drinking fresh & easy's organic cinnamon blend...ohmygod. the smell is incredible], brewing the coffee [i pretty much stand there like a zombie watching the coffee brew], getting my cup all prepared, taking that really hot but amazingly delicious first sip, heading back to my room with a smile on my face, hopping back into my warm bed, turing on the TODAY SHOW, and having some one-on-one time with my coffee....and al roker. it's morning bliss. 

if you don't drink coffee, maybe don't start because then you are going to become highly addicted and maybe a tad bit obsessive..like me. but for those of you that DO drink coffee...i am sure there is something in this post that you agree with, if not all of it. coffee lovers, unite!




xo, lisa aka coffee obsessor
 

No comments:

Post a Comment